Saturday, August 2, 2008

slammin'.

After this week's encounter with a scene concert (see below) plus my slightly elevated status as a more legit fashionista I've decided a major style overhaul is in order.





















Figure one:
The lead singer of paramore. Her shirt, I loved (it had fantastic yellow lacing detail up the sides.) The straw textured red hair, not so much. The fact that her and her bandmates mastered the art of synchronized head banging for almost an entire set will continue to amaze me for years to come.

The concert brought in scene kids in all shapes and sizes, wearing colored skinny jeans, overly patterned tees, 'riot' hoodies, and (even better if you ask me) 'riot' cardigans. Mr. Rogers would not have been pleased. I told my sister I'd never seen so many scene kids in one place before. She looked at me like I was crazy.

In any case, I've decided to steal the best of the scene-kid look. And by the best I mean the boys clothes. (I'd say mens, but really who are we kidding?)





















Figure two:
My new fashion icon. Only I'll look better in the clothes because they actually come from the women's department.

Bring on the over-sized v-necks, second-skin fitting jeans, pin-stripe vests, high top converse, and, best of all, the fedoras. (!!!) Let's rock and roll, baby.

1 comment:

Jersey Engineer said...

lol, YOU NEED TO GO TO A METALLICA CONCERT, then you'll really get impressed...an entire stadium head bangin together....lol